VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administratively Closed

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Applyf10BuyCraft StoreI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Vote110I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Vote210I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Vote310I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Vote410I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Vote510
Please go to our new website. [www.verincraft.ca] to continue gameplay with us! This website is no longer active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Website Closing
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 am by Aeroslicer

» SOOOOO. HOWS LIFE?
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am by Snowy_Stuff

» Application For Staff/Admin or moderator
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:13 pm by Xsin_77

» Registering Gone Wrong
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm by MenouTheDude

» UNGDI-Application to join here
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm by spniel

» MY Server list for Brood?
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm by BroodLord

» Numerical IP is Verincraft.com Doesn't Work is 5.39.36.242:25565
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:37 pm by BroodLord

» Help on Verincraft's new website.
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am by GDION

» Banned or something? ..maybe?
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am by GoD-cRaFt33

Top posters
BroodLord
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_vote_lcapI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_voting_barI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_vote_rcap 
sheepcabbage
I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_vote_lcapI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_voting_barI'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_vote_rcap 
GDION
Dmah
o0pedro0o
CodeNameSHADOW
ragdollkilla12
FleXAvarice
thesmith2010
Adanimal

I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BroodLord
Owner
Owner
BroodLord

I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:09 pm

thesmith2010 wrote:
I didn't say you were saying it was okay, but you did say that those who get "good stuff" should be given a break, even if it's illegitimately. That's not the point, though. The point is that those people aren't noobs and the fact that they cannot defend themselves is their own fault. Also, most people with sharp V fire II swords aren't really interested in noob slaughter, as it doesn't really make for good combat. I would know, I was one of those people. If you don't agree with this definition, post a new one. Don't refute something without making another suggestion.

I did not say that, I clearly said noobs may acquire good items. The point is that they may still suck and be easily killed then rage quit => we lose players. Also a lot of good people do actually just go around killing noobs.
Back to top Go down
https://verincraft.canadian-forum.com
GDION
Owner
Owner
GDION

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Thread locked. I don't want this getting out of hand. We already can see where the real definition is going. Noob means newbie -> new player. Do not kill them, end of story. Not people who "suck".
Back to top Go down
http://www.verincraft.com
thesmith2010
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm

I didn't say you were saying it was okay, but you did say that those who get "good stuff" should be given a break, even if it's illegitimately. That's not the point, though. The point is that those people aren't noobs and the fact that they cannot defend themselves is their own fault. Also, most people with sharp V fire II swords aren't really interested in noob slaughter, as it doesn't really make for good combat. I would know, I was one of those people. If you don't agree with this definition, post a new one. Don't refute something without making another suggestion.
Back to top Go down
BroodLord
Owner
Owner
BroodLord

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I never said xraying is okay, don't twist my words. The point is, noobs might acquire good materials soon, but it doesn't make them good. I've seen noobs with no armor long past weeks after they join. I've seen noobs who have no idea how to fight, but have diamond armour. That won't save them against sharp 5 fire 2 swords.
Back to top Go down
thesmith2010
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Are you seriously defending xrayers? If that's the case, then they don't deserve protection to begin with...
Back to top Go down
BroodLord
Owner
Owner
BroodLord

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Some people xray and get diamond in like 3-4 hours even 6 hours, but they are still easily noob and like 1 hitted by better players.
Back to top Go down
GDION
Owner
Owner
GDION

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

I agree with what was stated below.
Back to top Go down
http://www.verincraft.com
AlmightySquid

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:39 pm

thesmith2010 wrote:
Due to a few recent...organizations that are designed to prevent the death of "noobs" I would like to set a definition so that they can have a guideline to follow.

Proposed definition: Someone who has joined within the past 5 hours and has less than iron weapons/armor. Also, generally people without a faction are noobs, but if you refrain from faction life for more than a few days, I would say your death is no longer considered "noob killing."

If you agree with this definition/guideline, post that support here. If you would like to make a change to this or propose a new one, also post that here. I will close this thread in 2 days to check the results. Then I would ask that whatever definition of "noob" is chosen would become integrated into the rules.yml.

Thanks

All of the above ^^^^^^
What most people keep forgetting is, that the word noob is derived from newb, which comes from newbie - new person. So no, it really shouldn't mean unskilled or whatever people use it for now-a-days.
Back to top Go down
thesmith2010
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Due to a few recent...organizations that are designed to prevent the death of "noobs" I would like to set a definition so that they can have a guideline to follow.

Proposed definition: Someone who has joined within the past 5 hours and has less than iron weapons/armor. Also, generally people without a faction are noobs, but if you refrain from faction life for more than a few days, I would say your death is no longer considered "noob killing."

If you agree with this definition/guideline, post that support here. If you would like to make a change to this or propose a new one, also post that here. I will close this thread in 2 days to check the results. Then I would ask that whatever definition of "noob" is chosen would become integrated into the rules.yml.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"   I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd like to start a vote on the definition of "noob"
Page 1 of 1