VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administratively Closed

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog infull protection IV armor is overrated! Applyf10BuyCraft Storefull protection IV armor is overrated! Vote110full protection IV armor is overrated! Vote210full protection IV armor is overrated! Vote310full protection IV armor is overrated! Vote410full protection IV armor is overrated! Vote510
Please go to our new website. [www.verincraft.ca] to continue gameplay with us! This website is no longer active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Website Closing
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 am by Aeroslicer

» SOOOOO. HOWS LIFE?
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am by Snowy_Stuff

» Application For Staff/Admin or moderator
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:13 pm by Xsin_77

» Registering Gone Wrong
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm by MenouTheDude

» UNGDI-Application to join here
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm by spniel

» MY Server list for Brood?
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm by BroodLord

» Numerical IP is Verincraft.com Doesn't Work is 5.39.36.242:25565
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:37 pm by BroodLord

» Help on Verincraft's new website.
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am by GDION

» Banned or something? ..maybe?
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am by GoD-cRaFt33

Top posters
BroodLord
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_vote_lcapfull protection IV armor is overrated! I_voting_barfull protection IV armor is overrated! I_vote_rcap 
sheepcabbage
full protection IV armor is overrated! I_vote_lcapfull protection IV armor is overrated! I_voting_barfull protection IV armor is overrated! I_vote_rcap 
GDION
Dmah
o0pedro0o
CodeNameSHADOW
ragdollkilla12
FleXAvarice
thesmith2010
Adanimal

full protection IV armor is overrated!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zailemoas

full protection IV armor is overrated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

o0pedro0o wrote:
REAL:
Protection IV is the best of all but damaged most.
Sharpness swords gives 0.5 hearths or 1.0 or 1.5 hearths damage in random, so a sharpness V sword can give any number between 2.5 (2 hearts and half) and 7.5, in max, of the sharpness boost.
Read some wiki. Check what is real, not what IS fake.

Really? Let's test it! This could actually mean that you're. Worse off for using any piece of prot IV, since you can have a fully protective suit without any pieces of prot IV ( III, III, III, and II)

We could test this quickly with enchanted leather armor, normal leather armor as a control, and an atacker using an unenchanted sword and doing 2 hits on each set of armor, then compare durability.
Back to top Go down
o0pedro0o
o0pedro0o

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 am

REAL:
Protection IV is the best of all but damaged most.
Sharpness swords gives 0.5 hearths or 1.0 or 1.5 hearths damage in random, so a sharpness V sword can give any number between 2.5 (2 hearts and half) and 7.5, in max, of the sharpness boost.
Read some wiki. Check what is real, not what IS fake.
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Seb wrote:
Yes, I meant that... you get the point. Also, sharpness swords do 1.5 hearts extra damage per level.... so Sharpness IV diamond would do 1.5(4) +3.5 (the regular diamond sword damage). It's not random.

Go on minecraftwiki, man. They have all this info.

just did a quick experiment, sharp V diamond vs me in iron armor.
on the first hit i received 4 hearts of damage, second one I received 5.

Totally busted. okay maybe we should do it without mcmmo Razz

I also tested this in singleplayer, I got a sharp II diamond sword which does a minimum of 4.5 hearts per hit and a maximum of 6.5 hearts. I spawned some villagers since they have 10 hearts. I killed a bunch of them, most died in two hits, but some took 3 hits to kill them, meaning the damage is random. if you were correct, I should always be able to 2 hit villagers, however this is not the case.
Back to top Go down
Seb

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Yes, I meant that... you get the point. Also, sharpness swords do 1.5 hearts extra damage per level.... so Sharpness IV diamond would do 1.5(4) +3.5 (the regular diamond sword damage). It's not random.

Go on minecraftwiki, man. They have all this info.
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Seb wrote:
Protection IV armour DOES protect much more than Protection II. It does so in the case of fire, blast, combat, projectile, and fall damage. This may not include damage from potions. That is why your trial should have been done by being hit by the same sword on each different type of armour.

Confirmed, your myth is correct only in the aspect of potion damage.
Edit: Protection does not protect you from hunger, either.
. Perhaps you don't understand my post.. I was testing a suit of protection eleven armor, not protection II suit.

I could test combat damage, but I would need a suit of prot 16 leather armor, a set of prot eleven leather armor, and an assistant with diamond sword and strength II potion to hit me. Not a sharp sword since enchanted weapons do a random ammount of damage, using a sharp sword would require thousands of data points to get conclusive evidence.
Back to top Go down
Seb

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Protection IV armour DOES protect much more than Protection II. It does so in the case of fire, blast, combat, projectile, and fall damage. This may not include damage from potions. That is why your trial should have been done by being hit by the same sword on each different type of armour.

Confirmed, your myth is correct only in the aspect of potion damage.
Edit: Protection does not protect you from hunger, either.
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I just drank 30 instant damage II potions while wearing a set of protection 11 (III, II, III, III protection enchantments). I received a total of 49.5 hearts of damage.

I did the same thing a while ago (stated earlier in this thread) with full protection 16 armor ( all pieces were prot IV) and received 52.5 hearts of damage from 30 instant damage potions.

the range of damage received was the same for both armor sets, drinking an instant damage potion II will do 1-3 hearts of damage.

conclusion: this myth is totally confirmed, protection IV armor clearly isnt the best, and you're wasting time if your goal is to have a full set of prot IV. the protection 11 armor isnt better though, even if the results say so because its well within the margin of error.
full protection IV armor is overrated! Brunei+mythbusters+confirmed

this also means that you can enchant a piece of armor at level 13-15 to get prot II, the rest should be at least level 22 or higher for prot 3 or even prot 4.
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm

~Chocopuffs wrote:
sounds interesting, i might test to see for myself, and how did u come up with these myths?

I learned it from ashwin.
Back to top Go down
~Chocopuffs
~Chocopuffs

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 pm

sounds interesting, i might test to see for myself, and how did u come up with these myths?
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks Very Happy more data is apreciated, which armor set are you testing?
Back to top Go down
DarkSoulz

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 pm

I care! i found this very interasting and gonna try out all of it, THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Reallly? No one cares about this?
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 pm

to test myth number #2 would be easy. equip full unenchanted suit of leather armor, have buddy hit you 20 times with an unenchanted diamond sword.

then, get a suit of leather armor with moderate to high level protection enchantments on it and have your buddy hit you 20 times again, then compare the health of both suits of armor.

also, if anyone wants to help test myth 1, you will save yourself tedious work if you put your results directly into excel as you go. also please hold yourself to following the scientific method, altering data is despicable. one could also use fall damage to test this, as long as you fall from the same height each time.

also, being human would probably be best for testing this myth due to sn, basically be sure to record what class you are at the time you gather data.
Back to top Go down
Zailemoas

PostSubject: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm

okay so theres a couple myths I've heard, I've attempted to test one of them.

Myth #1: cumulative protection 11 armor provides the same protection as cumulative protection 16 armor. in other words, a suit with armor pieces protection III, III, III and II will work just as well as full protection IV.

Myth #2 armor with the protection enchantment gets damaged more quickly because it converts heatlh damage into armor damage.

I did an experiment to test myth #1. I did this with some assistance. I drank instant damage 2 potions for this experiment, I always drank them when i was at full health to get my results.

for my control I drank 10 instant damage potions while wearing unenchanted armor and while wearing no armor, each drink drained exactly 6 hearts each time.

In minecraft I've learned that the protection enchantment protects you from ALL types of damage, even starvation damage.

for this experiment I tested cumulative protection 16 armor, thats full protection 4 armor, I drank 30 instant damage 2 potions. the protected me so I only recieved 1-3 hearts of damage, out of these 30 potions my total damage received was 52.5 hearts.

to make this experiment easier and because I learned the idea from him, I had ashwin test the cumulative protection 11 armor, for example that could be protection III, III, III, and II. ashwin also drank 30 instant damage 2 potions, his range of received damage was the same as me, 1-3 hearts. however, out of his 30 drinks he only received a total of 42 damage.

Conclusion: based on these results I would say that protection 11 armor provides the same range as protection 16 armor, and may work 20% better.

HOWEVER the only problem with my experiment is that protection armor reduces a random ammount of received damage, so it may be possible that I received a disproportionate ammount of damage. it may also be possible that ashwin fudged his data Razz

I want to do this experiment again, this time I would want to gather the data from 100 drinks for each set of armor to provide more statistically accurate data.

however I do not have a computer right now that can run minecraft Sad

Last edited by Zailemoas on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: full protection IV armor is overrated!   full protection IV armor is overrated! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

full protection IV armor is overrated!
Page 1 of 1