VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Verincraft is now closed
VerinCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administratively Closed

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSwitching Game Versions... Applyf10BuyCraft StoreSwitching Game Versions... Vote110Switching Game Versions... Vote210Switching Game Versions... Vote310Switching Game Versions... Vote410Switching Game Versions... Vote510
Please go to our new website. [www.verincraft.ca] to continue gameplay with us! This website is no longer active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Website Closing
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 am by Aeroslicer

» SOOOOO. HOWS LIFE?
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am by Snowy_Stuff

» Application For Staff/Admin or moderator
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:13 pm by Xsin_77

» Registering Gone Wrong
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm by MenouTheDude

» UNGDI-Application to join here
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm by spniel

» MY Server list for Brood?
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm by BroodLord

» Numerical IP is Verincraft.com Doesn't Work is 5.39.36.242:25565
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:37 pm by BroodLord

» Help on Verincraft's new website.
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am by GDION

» Banned or something? ..maybe?
Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am by GoD-cRaFt33

Top posters
BroodLord
Switching Game Versions... I_vote_lcapSwitching Game Versions... I_voting_barSwitching Game Versions... I_vote_rcap 
sheepcabbage
Switching Game Versions... I_vote_lcapSwitching Game Versions... I_voting_barSwitching Game Versions... I_vote_rcap 
GDION
Dmah
o0pedro0o
CodeNameSHADOW
ragdollkilla12
FleXAvarice
thesmith2010
Adanimal

Switching Game Versions...

Go down 
+2
Dmah
Ozzy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zamman
zamman

Switching Game Versions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:43 pm

I have an application just to switch minecraft versions whenever I want. unfortunetly, to use it you need premium, but if anyone else has premium, here's the link for it here
(no, this is not advertising, I'm just giving a link to a good application)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zam-man/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ozzy

PostSubject: Re: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 am

o0pedro0o wrote:
P.S: I don't put my folders i copied into my desktop, i put in the same Appdata folder, with a different name.
One could be the 1.2.5 folder BACKUP, named Minecraft 1.2.5 BACKUP for me
I also have a 1.0.0 or so Aether modded minecraft file when i want to play it
I have a backup of my old, original + the first minecraft file i had. 1.7.3 or 1.8 i think.

Yes, there are multiple ways of doing this. It doesen't have to be the way I do it ofcourse. You can also orgranize in Appdata as mentioned by pedro. But I wanted to make this super simple.
Back to top Go down
o0pedro0o
o0pedro0o

PostSubject: Re: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:44 am

P.S: I don't put my folders i copied into my desktop, i put in the same Appdata folder, with a different name.
One could be the 1.2.5 folder BACKUP, named Minecraft 1.2.5 BACKUP for me
I also have a 1.0.0 or so Aether modded minecraft file when i want to play it
I have a backup of my old, original + the first minecraft file i had. 1.7.3 or 1.8 i think.
Back to top Go down
Dmah
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dmah

PostSubject: Re: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:39 am

i.. understood most of it Very Happy thanks for helping ppl
Back to top Go down
Ozzy

PostSubject: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:36 am

Ok, so you have 1.2.5, but want 1.3.1? You can have both!

Easy steps:

1.Go to search and type in %APPDATA%

2.Find a folder named ".minecraft"

3.Place in on the desktop

4.Start launcher and click Start or Play. No matter what, your game will update because of missing data.

The launcher will make another ".minecraft" in APPDATA folder. That folder has the latest version of minecraft. It was created because you took out the old 1.2.5 ".minecraft". It contains all the necesary files to run the game. The launcher always will update to the latest version of Minecraft. So, if you misplacing the old ".minecraft" that contains 1.2.5 data, this may become a big problem because you won't be able to use that version again and it is prodably your only copy.

You should have 2 ".minecraft" folders

1st one In APPDATA (1.3.1)

2nd one on the desktop (1.2.5)

You can place those folders anywhere you want. Just don't confuse the two.

5.To switch to back to 1.2.5 take out the new ".minecraft" in APPDATA and put it on the desktop in.

Be sure to not bind the 2 ".minecrafts"

You can place the folders in diffrent locations to prevent that from happening.

Then simply drag in the old 1.2.5 ".minecraft" into the folder called APPDATA. It doesn't matter where you place it, but it has to go in the following directory.

APPDATA > ROAMING > .MINECRAFT

That's the directory that the launcher uses to get the data. So if your ".minecraft" is missing the launcher will force update. If the game will launch an update then you might have done something incorrectly.

6.Do the same thing if you want to play on 1.3.1

Switch the ".minecraft" folders.

If anyone messed up, this may cause you 1.2.5 to erase and will also take all your safes with it.

I will maybe upload my 1.2.5 in if people want to play on servers that still use the outdated version of minecraft.

Last edited by Ozzy on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching Game Versions...   Switching Game Versions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switching Game Versions...
Page 1 of 1